SPVR LABORATORY- Histology
Job posting number: #7075387 (Ref:hlj_29445)
Posted: February 23, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Moffitt Cancer Center is internationally recognized for our focus on personalized cancer care and translational research. The mission of Moffitt is clear, focused, and fully stated in nine words, "To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." With a tradition of excellence that began with the first patient admission in 1986, dedicated Moffitt physicians, scientists, and staff members have remained committed to excellence in an atmosphere characterized by kindness, caring, and hope.
• Oversees the daily operations of the Histology laboratory sections.
• Technical supervision of processes and testing procedures as well as management and supervision of personnel
• The supervisor is responsible for ensuring compliance with all regulatory and accreditation requirements pertaining to the processing of specimens and the performance of all histology procedures.
• Performs duties of a technologist or assistant as workload requires.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Has excellent communication skills including the ability to communicate at all levels within the organization
• Possesses a thorough knowledge of applicable federal and state laws and regulations pertaining to laboratory operations.
• Has an understanding of laboratory main frame computer systems and ability to analyze data and implement corrective action measures when necessary.
• Provides day to day oversight of testing staff and activities within the laboratory to ensure that quality and regulatory requirements are met
• Maintains department operations in compliance with accreditation and regulatory standards
• Performs and reports tests according to standard operating procedures as established in the laboratory
• Maintains staff schedules, adjusting staff assignments and responsibilities to meet department needs. Provides training and orientation for new staff.
• Maintains a competency assessment program that meets regulatory requirements
• Participates in the hiring of new staff; monitors employee performance and evaluates personnel; counsels employees as appropriate.
• Provides input to the annual operating and capital equipment budgets.
Credentials and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree required preferably in Histotechnology.
• Clinical Laboratory Supervisor’s license in the specialties of Histology from state of Florida required.
• Minimum of five (5) years' experience in clinical laboratory setting required to include relevant supervisory experience.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.