Job posting number: #7075468 (Ref:hlj_29481)
Posted: February 25, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Numerous physicians entrust their patients to the Gynecological Oncology Program at Moffitt Cancer Center. Dedicated to providing accurate diagnoses and comprehensive treatment services, Moffitt is a trusted name in gynecologic oncology and has been listed among "America's Best Hospitals" for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We work closely with referring physicians and gynecologists to provide the best possible care for women of all ages.
Our Gynecological (GYN) Oncology Clinic schedules 30 patients on a daily basis to receive care in relation to:
- A confirmed diagnosis of ovarian, cervical, vaginal, vulvar or endometrial/uterine cancer, germ cell tumors or gynecologic sarcoma
- Pre-invasive diseases of the cervix, vulva or vagina
- Gestational trophoblastic disease
- A suspected diagnosis of any of the above conditions
- Elevated tumor markers that warrant further diagnostic testing
- Multiple risk factors, including a personal or family history of gynecological cancer, that warrant risk counseling and screening services
Our clinic offers the latest advancements in diagnostic imaging, laboratory testing and genetic screening, as well as innovations in surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy and hormone therapy. Minimally invasive and fertility-sparing approaches are highlights of our program, as we understand the importance of family planning and organ preservation to our patients. We also have a robust clinical trials program, offering patients the option to access some of the latest treatments before they are widely available elsewhere. Recently completed phase 2 and 3 trials have investigated topics such as intraoperative imaging, immunotherapy and chemotherapy combinations for platinum-resistant TP53-mutated epithelial cancers. No matter which treatment a patient pursues, our tumor board will review her progress on a weekly basis to explore additional resources and treatment options to improve her outcome and quality of life.
Our GYN Oncology Clinic is currently looking for a Registered Nurse to join our team.
- The Registered Nurse delivers individualized quality nursing care to cancer patients and families in accordance with established hospital guidelines, nursing professional practice model, nursing care standards and policies and in accordance with ANA code of ethics and external regulatory agencies.
- Registered Nurses embody the vision, mission, and philosophy of Moffitt Nursing and are committed to and accountable for personalized patient and family centered care and the concepts of Duffy's quality caring model/caring factors. These frameworks of care include: collaboration and mutual problem solving, dignity and human respect, encouraging manner, attentive reassurance, appreciation of unique meaning, healing environment, basic human needs, information sharing, caring for self, and affiliation needs.
- Registered Nurses use the nursing process to effectively plan and manage quality patient care. Biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, self-care, educational and discharge planning needs are addressed in all steps of the nursing process. This is demonstrated in base-line and comparative documentation, entered in a timely manner, and with evidence of age-appropriate consideration when care is planned, delivered, and evaluated.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following:
- Hematology oncology experience
- GYN experience as a registered nurse either in an inpatient or outpatient setting.
- Experience performing pelvic exams
- Experience performing GYN biopsies
- Uses the nursing process to assess, plan, and evaluate the care of cancer patients and families. Integrates patient and family centered care and the quality caring factors into practice
- Identifies, documents, and provides patient education based on learning needs of the patient
- Participates in Evidence based improvement activities related to area of practice
- Participates in professional development based on the nursing professionals standards, regulatory requirements, and job expectations
Credentials and Qualifications:
- BSN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution with at least one year of relevant experience or ASN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution with 2 years of relevant experience and enrolled to complete BSN from an ACEN or CCNE within 3 years of hire
- FL RN License
- ACLS Certification
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.