TM HEALTH SVCS MEDICAL OFC ASSIST
Job posting number: #7075474 (Ref:hlj_29499)
Posted: February 25, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Team Member Medical Clinic – Medical Office Assistant
Moffitt Cancer Center is internationally recognized for our focus on personalized cancer care and translational research. The mission of Moffitt is clear, focused, and fully stated in nine words, "To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." With a tradition of excellence that began with the first patient admission in 1986, dedicated Moffitt physicians, scientists, and staff members have remained committed to excellence in an atmosphere characterized by kindness, caring, and hope.
- The Medical Office Assistant represents and supports the mission, philosophy, and goals of the Moffitt Cancer Center through interaction with patients and/or their representative for registration, insurance, scheduling, order entry, screening, and medical necessity.
- This position will report to our New Team Member Health Service center located at 4117 E Fowler Ave, Tampa, FL 33612
- The Medical Office Assistant combines the duties generally assigned to Medical Assistants and the Patient Service Representative.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program OR Military Medical Technician training
- Minimum one (1) year experience in an outpatient clinical setting.
- Two (2) years demonstrated customer service skills.
- Minimum two (2) years in healthcare with managed care, insurance verification, collections, and authorizations.
- Interacts with patients to obtain information for accurate records
- Schedules appointments, verifies orders
- Facilitates patient flow, conducts initial patient screening, and communicates pertinent information.
- Preps and maintains clinic exam room and equipment
- Provides support to the provider during clinic by assisting with phone calls and faxes.
- Recognizes emergency situations and implements emergency procedures. Administers first aid and CPR.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma
- Successful completion of a Medical Assistant training program accredited by one of the two following organizations:
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP); or
- Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES)
- BLS Certification
- Preferred: Certification or Registration from one of the following organizations:
- American Association of Medical Assistants (AMAA)
- American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
- National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP)
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.