Job posting number: #7075476 (Ref:hlj_29490)
Posted: February 25, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Performs ultrasound examinations on selected portions of the anatomy as requested by the clinician on patients based on age appropriateness.
- Performs a variety of ultrasound procedures with the knowledge and ability to obtain a quality diagnostic examination.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Will have a working knowledge of anatomy and an understanding of pathology, which affect the quality of the ultrasound procedure.
- Has good interpersonal and computer skills.
- Complete the required calibration and understand the Quality Assurance guidelines for equipment.
- Must be competent in performing all Ultrasound exams and knowledgeable on the usage of all equipment.
- Able to understand and apply correct billing charges per exam.
- Coordinate work flow and patient schedules.
- Maintain proper supplies to function on a day to day basis.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Graduate of a Committee of Allied Health Education and AMA accredited Ultrasound program or the equivalent is required.
- 2 years previous Ultrasound experience required.
- American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or registry eligible (must obtain within 1 year of hire) is required.
- Current BLS required.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.