Job posting number: #7085855 (Ref:139529)
Posted: September 22, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Provides a comprehensive patient assessment, planning, goals, and interventions, one to one and in group sessions, to assist the patient in meeting their treatment goals.
- Provides Therapeutic Programming assessments, written treatment plans, programming, and ongoing notes in conjunction with the overall treatment objectives for a given patient.
- Assesses and documents the patient's attendance and participation in activities.
- Completes routine paperwork within prescribed time frames and accurately documents all pertinent and meaningful observations and information on appropriate forms.
- Adheres to general expectations for all employees to ensure that the program functions in an effective manner to meet the treatment needs of the patient.
- Maintains the confidentiality of patients, staff, and hospital by respecting patients' rights and dignity. Acts as a change agent in introduction of new clinical information to the hospital.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Recreational Therapy, Art Therapy, Music Therapy and/or Expressive Therapy required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Art or Music Therapy (MT-BC) certification preferred.
- Crisis Intervention Training and Basic Life Support (BLS) required within 90 days of accepted position.
Complexity of Work:
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
- Two years of experience in a Behavioral Health setting preferred.
- Six months of group work and program planning/development experience preferred.
- Standing and walking more than 80% of time.
- Sitting less than 20% of the time.
- Hand and finger dexterity, reaching with arms and hands more than 75% of the time.
- Close vision and depth perception more than 50% of the time.
- Hearing and talking more than 80% of the time.
- Lifting over 100 pounds (with assistance), frequently pushing and pulling less than 25% of the time.
- Exposure to Communicable diseases.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.