Job posting number: #7085856 (Ref:139507)
Posted: September 22, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Under the direction of a registered nurse, provides patient care for assigned patients. Assists with data collection, treatments as indicated and performs administrative functions for the unit, maintains a clean, safe environment, and maintains an adequate level of supplies.
- Collaborates with members of health care team to promote the delivery of patient care and overall functioning of the unit.
- Observes and reports changes in assigned patient's condition on an ongoing basis, assists with ambulating, gives or assists with patient hygiene/care.
- Documents activities in the patient record care.
- Provides and assists with transporting and discharge of patients
- . Accurately transcribes and processes all orders and prepares, maintains and processes all charts, files and records mail, maintains inventory and completes errands in an efficient manner. maintains a clean, safe environment, and maintains an adequate level of supplies.
- Provides all communication between nursing unit, physicians, and departments with accuracy and courtesy.
- Assists patients and families with general information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Graduate or GED, medical assisting course preferred.
- State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA) preferred.
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) required within new hire period.
- Nursing students required to have Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) prior to hire.
- Demonstrates proficiency in applied mathematics & reading comprehension at an 8th grade level.
- Basic computer skills required, previous health care experience preferred, previous patient care experience in a hospital preferred.
- Requires full body motion to move and lift patients, manual finger dexterity with good eye-hand coordination; involves extensive standing and walking.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.