Dialysis Tech 2 PRN
Job posting number: #7085860 (Ref:131879)
Posted: September 22, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Performs and supports Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT) and Peritoneal Dialysis (PD) procedures on acutely ill patients in the ICU and hospital. Performs technical support responsibilities which include preparing and packaging dialysate mixtures and baths, bacteriological sampling of equipment and sub-systems. Assists with clinical research projects.
- Performs and supports Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT) and Peritoneal Dialysis (PD) procedures on acutely ill patients.
- Performs and supports Continuous Renal Replacement therapies (CVVH,CVVHD, CVVHDF, SCUF and ECMO) in the ICUs and O.R's by preparing dialysis solutions, setting up machines and attaching the treatment to the patient for 24 hour continuous therapy and serving as a 24 hour resource for the ICU nurses for any alarms or questions regarding the patient's therapy.
- Performs technical support responsibilities that include preparing, transferring and packaging dialysis mixtures and baths (acid and bicarb).
- Assists with basic equipment usage issues and troubleshooting.
- Draws bio samples of equipment and systems.
- Cleans and disinfects equipment, reusable jugs, and systems.
- Receives and stocks delivered supplies.
- Responsible for doping Potassium in acid concentrate jugs.
- Refills jugs with needed dialysis solutions.
- Makes packaging and delivers CRRT dialysate bags.
- Conducts 5S zone responsibilities.
- Teaches and supports other employees and personnel.
- Assists with research projects as needed.
- Monitors and charts the central water system.
- Assists with clinical research projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be certified by the current State as a Certified Dialysis Technician (CDT) and maintain current certification.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA).
Complexity of Work:
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
- Must be able to read instructions and communicate in verbal and written form.
- Must have a minimum of two years of prior Intermittent Hemodialysis (IHD) experience.
- Prior experience in Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT) and Peritoneal Dialysis (PD) is preferred.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination to perform dialysis procedures. .
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular hours.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids on a daily basis.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.