Environmental Services Area Cleaner
Job posting number: #7085862 (Ref:24019)
Posted: September 22, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job Profile Summary:
Creates a sanitary, safe environment and enhances the appearance of the facility.
* Cleans patient rooms, ancillary areas, exam rooms, offices, waiting areas, public restrooms, discharge rooms and other assigned areas.
* Stocks paper items and other supplies in patient rooms, exam rooms and restroom as necessary.
* Follows scripting, policies and procedures on patient isolation and all Environmental Services technical and procedural standard operating procedures.
* Follows and adheres to all hospital wide and departmental safety requirements.
* Other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED) preferred.
Complexity of Work:
* Requires attention to detail, ability to follow directions and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
* Requires one to three months on-the-job training to learn departmental policies and procedures, various cleaning techniques, proper use and storage of cleaning agents and chemicals.
* Typical physical demands require a full range of body motion.
* Duties may be performed while standing or walking for the majority of the shift.
* The ability to stoop, stretch and lift while performing duties is required.
* Requires regular handling and use of disinfectants and other cleaning agents and chemicals.
* Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
* Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.