Job posting number: #7087204 (Ref:11255647056)
Posted: October 15, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Operates blood recovery equipment in the peri-operative environment. Performs blood recovery procedures according to established policies and procedures.
- Collects and documents quality control assays.
- Maintains accurate and orderly documentation of procedures performed.
- Recognizes problems, identifies causes and takes corrective action with minimal supervision.
- Communicates information clearly and professionally to physicians, ancillary personnel and colleagues.
- Assists in training.
- Participates in maintaining and stocking an adequate inventory of supplies for the work area.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Follows OSHA required procedures for blood handling.
- Enhances education through in-services, seminars and certification processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's Degree required.
- Previous cell salvage experience preferred.
- None required.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum one year related technical experience.
- An additional two year progressively responsible related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Visual acuity.
- The ability to distinguish colors.
- Manual dexterity to handle specimens and repair equipment. May be required to stand for long periods of time.
- Light lifting may be required.
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals, biohazards, radioactive materials, etc.
- Ability to function at a high degree of effectiveness under stressful situations and with all levels of the organization.
- Some on-call coverage is required.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.