Non Certified & Certified Ophthalmic Assistants and Technicians
Job posting number: #7088014 (Ref:17044808752)
Posted: October 28, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Performs clinical and technical ophthalmic duties and basic patient care as directed by physician or supervisor.
- Under direction of supervisor or physician receives and prepares patients for examination or treatment.
- May perform routine screening tests.
- Documents patient information in the patient medical record.
- Performs stocking, maintenance and other duties as assigned, including maintaining exam rooms, equipment and supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- None required.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum of one year experience in an ophthalmic setting providing direct patient care.
- Additional formal education or training in ophthalmology may substitute for some or all of the stated experience.
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment and PC.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 25 pounds.
- May require extended periods of standing, walking or sitting.
- Visual acuity, including the ability to distinguish colors.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.