Job posting number: #7092502 (Ref:10014918)
Posted: January 19, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
A California registered technician who under the supervision of a Pharmacist, packages, prepares and compounds Oral medications, Intravenous medications and Chemotherapy/Biohazard medications. Maintains control procedures, performs inventory and stock control. Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel. Experience with Pyxis Automated Dispensing Cabinet preferred.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensures efficient and productive operation of assigned work location.
- Performs technician functions accurately and thoroughly.
- Acts as a liaison with nursing and medical staff concerning basic pharmaceutical information to achieve positive patient outcomes.
- Assists the pharmacist in billing pharmaceuticals.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff. Fosters the development of teamwork within the department while meeting the needs of departments being served.
- Demonstrates the ability to assess a situation, consider the alternatives and choose an appropriate course of action.
- Participates in educational programs and in-service meetings.
- Completes written documentation.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- High School or equivalent
- Post High School Vocational/Specialized Training
- Or graduation from a foreign School of Pharmacy
- One year performing related duties or graduation from a Pharmacy Technician training program.
- Pharmacy Technician program.
- Registered by Pharmacy Board.
- Experience with Automated Dispensing Cabinets, Pyxis Medstation system, preferred.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel.
- Per Diem
- To protect the health of patients and staff and to comply with new State of California mandates, City of Hope staff are required to show proof of full vaccination by September 30, 2021. Compliance is a condition of employment.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.