Facilities Mechanic II - Days
Job posting number: #7099699 (Ref:10016201)
Posted: May 11, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope’s translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope’s specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation’s “Best Hospitals” in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.
City of Hope’s commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
Under minimal supervision, performs a wide variety of routine repair, maintenance, fabrication and installation on structures, buildings, machinery, equipment, instrumentation, furnishings, electrical, mechanical or computerized systems as assigned by Engineering supervision and management.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provides services normally performed by these Engineering Trades: Carpentry, Electrical, Lock, Paint, Plumbing, Preventive Maintenance, Maintenance Routine/Rounds (MR.R.).
- Provides lead role or assistance to Engineering shops as necessary to complete work projects on schedule.
- Installs and repairs equipment according to applicable building and safety codes.
- Operates power, electrical and machine tools and a variety of precision measuring instruments.
- Selects appropriate materials for assigned work and projects.
- Completes related work with CMMS and other related documentation as necessary.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- High School Diploma. College or Trade school preferred.
- 3 or more years crafts experience, which may include: carpentry, electricity, painting, automotive mechanics, maintenance rounds and record keeping.
- Current CA driver's license and a good driving record.
- Certification or demonstrated proficiency in 2 or more of the following trades: carpentry, painting, automotive mechanics, and maintenance rounds. May include HVAC, electrical, autoclave, plumbing, locksmith, emergency response.
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.