Postdoctoral Fellow – Tara M. DeSilva Lab
Job posting number: #7111650 (Ref:ccf16754210)
Posted: September 23, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Seeking talented postdoctoral fellows to study neuroinflammatory mechanisms underlying neurodegeneration in multiple sclerosis and Alzheimer's disease. Priority will be given to candidates with expertise in flow cytometry and single cell transcriptomics of central nervous system cells or peripheral blood mononuclear cells.
Principal Investigator: Tara M. DeSilva, PhD
Lerner Research Institute Department: Neurosciences
Lab Research Topics:
- Cell signaling
- For more information about the lab’s research, please visit: https://www.lerner.ccf.org/neurosci/desilva/ or contact Tara M. DeSilva at [email protected]
- Independent project design with the goal of data generation, analysis, interpretation and manuscript preparation
- Neuroinflammatory signaling studies
- Translational models of multiple sclerosis
- Translational models of Alzheimer's disease
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
Preferred Application Materials:
Interested candidates should send their CV and contact information for 3 references to Tara M. DeSilva, PhD, [email protected].
Keywords: Postdoc, Research, LRI, Alzheimer's disease, neuroinflammation, neuroimmunology, mutliple sclerosis, demyelinating disease, experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis, microglia, phagocytosis, 10X genomics, single cell transcriptomics, flow cytometry, histopathology, immunoflourescence staining, western blotting, confocal imaging
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.