Coordinator, Development - Office of Philanthropy
Job posting number: #7116002 (Ref:10018776)
Posted: November 14, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope’s translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope’s specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation’s “Best Hospitals” in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.
City of Hope’s commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
Office of Philanthropy Vision Statement
Philanthropy is at the heart of City of Hope’s mission in turning “hope into reality.” We offer an extraordinary donor and volunteer experience, one that invites, delights, and deepens relationships over time. City of Hope Philanthropy is one of a handful of premiere, exceptionally-regarded, and top-producing programs in the country.
Recruiting and developing exceptionally talented team members are hallmarks of the Office of Philanthropy. We demonstrate our commitment to our people through continuous learning and development opportunities and aim to foster an environment where each individual can thrive, personally and professionally. We increase the effectiveness of our team through transparency and accountability, building trust within teams; celebrating diversity and inclusion; enhancing team communications and removing roadblocks to maximize activation.
About the Position:
Under general supervision of the AVP Philanthropy, Senior Executive Director, Philanthropy, Senior Director of Philanthropy, Director of Philanthropy, coordinates activities related to the implementation of new and existing major gifts, including key donor development and stewardship programs as well as managing and tracking data associated with donor pipeline.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assist with the coordination of the major gifts programs including fundraising, research, follow-up and fulfillment of routine stewardship requests.
- Assist in the implementation of tracking data associated with the major gift donor pipeline, but not limited to, Entering, monitoring and maintaining gifts in AccessHope.
- Assist in the implementation of a fundraising and participant engagement strategy utilizing online fundraising, phone banking, e-communications and other tactics to help meet revenue and fundraising goals for major gifts.
- Assists/ partners with Associate, Development on the coordination of special events and other activities for grateful patient prospects and donors.
- Collaborate with various members of the Marketing and Communications departments to assist with the execution of a comprehensive marketing plan for major gifts including websites, collateral materials, invitations and other materials.
- Assists/ partners with Associate, Development with managing administrative tasks related to major gifts including but not limited to calendaring, processing contracts and submitting invoices and processing payments.
- Assists/ partners with Associate, Development as directed with the implementation of policies and procedures for major gifts.
- Assists/ partners with Associate, Development to compose proposals and memoranda for internal and external constituencies.
- Attend events at supervisor’s request.
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree. Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- 2-4 years previous experience in event planning, event marketing, and/or peer-to-peer fundraising
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
- Mulitple positions available
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.