REMOTE Senior Manager, Technology Innovation and Solutions
Job posting number: #7116683 (Ref:10019376)
Posted: November 23, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Thank you for your interest. Please note, the purpose of this posting is to recruit for on-going and future positions.
About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope’s translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope’s specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation’s “Best Hospitals” in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.
City of Hope’s commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
** This is a Fully Remote Opportunity. You may sit at any of the 48 States **
The Sr. Manager is responsible for developing a portfolio of forward leaning products and innovations aligned with City of Hope’s enterprise strategy. This person will play an important role in shaping the team's portfolio and direction by owning the development, implementation, and guiding the scaling of solutions and services that transform healthcare.
In this role, the Sr. Manager takes ownership for key programs and partners closely across City of Hope to build and/or implement technology-enabled solutions to complex business needs and healthcare challenges. They will work cross functionally across Innovation to develop solution concepts, refine MVPs, and ultimately guide the most promising candidates through deployment at scale.
The Sr. Manager will maintain knowledge of evolving trends in technology strategy and management and applies those to develop innovative approaches to deliver value for the organization. This leader will maximize business value by conducting rigorous analyses and developing strategic multi-year road maps in concert with other IT leaders and business teams.
This is an execution focused role for someone is skilled in driving implementation, building consensus, managing priorities, projects, and stakeholders to deliver solutions on time and budget. Key to your success will be grit, the ability to navigate the complexities of a large organization, and a relentless drive to see solutions scale across the enterprise. You will be looked to as a trusted partner and problem solver, determinedly helping all stakeholders overcome obstacles and guiding solutions forward.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Oversee and evaluate a portfolio of innovation initiatives, identifying opportunities for improvement, assisting strategic decision-making and implementation.
- Design technology strategy and planning workshops based on business objectives and stakeholder analysis including adopting appropriate approach/methods, facilitation techniques, pre-work, artifacts, and deliverables
- Lead a multi-disciplinary cross functional team in the planning and execution of technology strategy and planning workshops
- Partner with business functions to identify new opportunities including process and/or value chain analysis, business service model, business canvas, process and solution enablement plan.
- Ensure to interpret business strategy and determine innovative solutions supporting strategy implementation.
- Scout emerging technologies and define new opportunities that can add business value.
- Design, research, develop, analyze and suggest new innovative concepts as well as strategies.
- Prioritize and execute multiple major projects/programs with broad scope and strategic business impact.
- Track outcomes and manage activities and program performance in accordance with budget and strategic direction.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships to drive results.
- Develop strategies and manage implementation timelines that align with team’s goals.
- Create, manage and execute project work stream work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Lead and assist clinical leadership and departments develop programs/ products aligned with City of Hope’s strategies.
- Monitors key organizational metrics and produces meaningful reports to Leadership to ensure alignment of business development plans and proposals impacting organizational, financial, and operational results through business development activities.
- With guidance from CTO exercises independent judgment and critical thinking skills to develop business plans and cases in support of growth
- Lead or facilitate completion of special projects as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
4+ years of experience in driving project and program execution, strategy, product management, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background plus 3 years of experience in a supervisory/managerial capacity.
Demonstrated results with progressively increasing responsibilities and proven ability to manage multiple tasks, projects, and work with a geographically distributed team.
Prior experience with complex project management functions
Preferred education experience and skills:
Master’s degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Public Health, or related discipline
As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.