Postdoctoral Fellow – Bo Hu Lab
Job posting number: #7122992 (Ref:ccf17740041)
Posted: February 3, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Highly motivated individuals with a PhD or MD/PhD in relevant area are encouraged to apply. This training position, under the direct supervision of a Cleveland Clinic Principal Investigator will provide practical training and experience in a research setting. This position is appointed through the Lerner Research Institute. The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate a commitment to research, a collaborative work ethic and strong communication skills, both written and verbal. This program is expected to be completed within 5 years.
Principal Investigator: Bo Hu, PhD; Joe Zein, MD, PhD
Lerner Research Institute Department: Quantitative Health Sciences
Lab Research Topics:
- Computational biology and bioinformatics
- Statistics or biostatistics analysis
- For more information about the lab’s research, please visit: https://www.lerner.ccf.org/quantitative-health/bo-hu/ or contact Bo Hu at [email protected]
- Develop statistical methods and computational tools for complicated data analysis
- Independent project design, literature review, data analysis, interpretation and manuscript preparation
- Excellent communication skills
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
Additional Preferred Qualities:
- PhD in statistics, biostatistics, bioinformatics or related fields
- Demonstrated proficiency in R and/or Python
- Knowledge in biology, genetics or genomics
- Familiar with Unix/Linux and high performance cluster
- Ability to perform work in a stationary position for extended periods
- Ability to operate a computer and other office equipment
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information
- Ability to distinguish color
- Manual dexterity to handle specimens and repair equipment
- Ability to lift and transport equipment or specimens weighing up to 20 pounds
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals, bio-hazards, radioactive materials, etc.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
Preferred Application Materials:
All application materials should be submitted directly via email to Bo Hu at [email protected].
- Letter of interest
- Names of three references
Keywords: Postdoc, Research, LRI, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Asthma
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.