Cook I - OC, Days
Job posting number: #7196575 (Ref:10023833)
Posted: November 29, 2023
Salary / Pay Rate: $20.40 - $24.48 / hour
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
About City of Hope
Join the transformative team at City of Hope, where we're changing lives and making a real difference in the fight against cancer, diabetes, and other life-threatening illnesses. City of Hope’s growing national system includes its Los Angeles campus, a network of clinical care locations across Southern California, a new cancer center in Orange County, California, and treatment facilities in Atlanta, Chicago and Phoenix. our dedicated and compassionate employees are driven by a common mission: To deliver the cures of tomorrow to the people who need them today.
The Cook I will accurately and efficiently prepare, portion, cook, and present a variety of hot and/or cold food items for various meal periods: to include Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Special/Catered Events. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but City of Hope may identify other responsibilities of the position.
As a successful candidate, you will
- Prepare and cook ‘to order’ foods that may require short preparation time.
- May prepare food and serve customers at an a la carte and may operate a grill station.
- Prepare food in accordance with current applicable federal, state and City of Hope standards, guidelines and regulations to ensure high-quality food service is provided.
- Read food order or receive verbal instructions on food required by patron and prepare and cook food according to instructions.
- May prepare meals for customers requiring special diets.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times.
- Follow basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other foodstuffs for consumption in eating establishments. Prepare foods under direct supervision or instruction by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat, poultry or fish for culinary use. May produce some batch goods using basic cooking techniques.
- Taste products, reads menus, estimates food requirements, checks production, and keeps records to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment.
- May receive inventory and move/lift foodstuffs and supplies.
- Comply with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures and reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
Your qualifications should include:
High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
0 to 2 years of related work experience.
Knowledge of basic operation of equipment and cash-handling procedures preferred.
As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. To learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, please click here.
Salary / Pay Rate Information:
Pay Rate: $20.40 - $24.48 / hour
The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate’s experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.